"...and then just smile for a while about them." -Paul Baribeau
It's a new year and a new decade, so I guess I better say something about it. 2009 was a totally awesome year for a lot of reasons, and I can only hope that 2010 is either equally as awesome or even more so. I doubt that I could give you a thorough enough recap of last year that would justify me claiming it as the best year ever, but one thing that I can say is that in 2009, I conquered my demons. There's really no need to elaborate on that, all I can say is that really is the number one reason why last year was so great. I'm sure that you'll understand what I mean when you are older and have demons of your own conquer.
Anyway, I guess I better make a list for the new year, so here is some cheesy advice that will hopefully make 2010 a stellar and spectacular year for you:
1. Laugh out loud every day (preferably multiple times a day).
2. Find time each week to do something creative.
3. Sing out loud once in a while (even if you don't have a good singing voice and regardless if anyone is listening or not).
4. Dance like a maniac every now and then.
5. Go places that you've never been before.
6. Play/recreate as much as possible.
7. Learn lots of new things on a regular basis.
Now, to borrow from the movie Nacho Libre: You are the gatekeeper of your own destiny and you will have your glory day in the hot sun.
Happy New Year.
And as a bonus, here are more Paul Baribeau lyrics:
"think of all the things that are wrong with your life and then fix them
think of all the things that you love about your life, be thankful you are blessed with them
think of all the things that hold you back and realize that you don't need them
think of all the mistakes you have made in your life, make sure that you never repeat them
"because right now all you have is time time time
yeah but someday that time will run out
that's the only thing you can be absolutely certain about."