Monday, November 17, 2008

"you can't trust a heart that was cold from the start"


Elephant Mess #20
Originally uploaded by juniperbug
"...don't waste your time on it."

I am ashamed to admit that I have finished another issue of Elephant Mess. I am hesitant to even tell you about it. It is an embarrassment. It is more sappy pap, and it's hopeless. Bring on the melodrama! Why do I have to be so "emo"? The worst thing about it is that most of the writing is old (whether it be several years or several months), and I don't really feel that way anymore. I'm over it, okay. Now leave me alone. Anyway, I figured I better at least get it out there so that I can move on. I have big plans for future EM's, so if you'd like to just pass on this one and wait for something better, that's fine with me. I wouldn't blame you. But if you're brave enough to see what all the fuss is about, then send me a couple bucks or some stamps or a trade, and I'll send (albeit reluctantly) a copy your way.

Dan Murphy
PO BOX 3154
Moscow ID 83843
USA
messyelephant@hotmail.com

"you could play all day
and tell your friends that everything's alright
the truth is that your heart collapsed
two years ago tonight"
-bayside

2 comments:

Maaike said...

Dan is a GREAT writer. His voice and talent are worth spending time with as always. This issue may be emo, but his emotions ring true with so many of us. Dan may be embarrassed by the emo-ness of it, but his brilliant talent for crafting a sentence and turning a phrase are always worth the time.

juniperbug said...

thanks maaike.