Tuesday, October 05, 2010

"they think that they get it but they always get it wrong"

A few random things for you to waste your time on:

I made a mix CD of pop punk songs for the (unofficial) Summer of Pop Punk which is over now but the songs live on. If you are at all interested, I will send you one. Some people are getting one whether they like it or not. It's my desperate attempt to get more people to listen to pop punk, and yes you should listen to it because it's great. Also, if nobody listens to it then it might go away. Some musical genres wouldn't be missed and we are happy to see them go. Pop punk isn't one of them. I assure you. Anyway, send a buck or something to the address listed in previous posts, or just send me a message by fast mail (messyelephant@hotmail.com).

Have you heard? The Obamination is putting solar energy on the roof of the White House. That's good news. It's funny though because Jimmy Carter had solar energy installed on the White House roof in the 1970's, then Ole Reagan had it taken down. Also, I hesitate to admit it, but George Dubya did have some solar energy installed during his term as well. He used it to heat the water in the Presidential pool.

So, MLB playoffs start tomorrow. Last year at the end of the season I made a list of teams that I'd like to see in the playoffs this year. Only two of the teams made it, the Giants and the Reds, but that's mostly because I chose three options for the wild card. Anyway, I guess I'll go ahead and make my prediction for the World Series and see how badly I fail this time. Twins vs. Phillies. I think the Phillies will win it, but I'm rooting for the Twins.

No comments: