Thursday, June 28, 2012

Weekly Recommendations, Week 26: Mean Jeans

“I’ve got my mean jeans on and I’m ready to go!” It’s punk rock, dudes! Mean Jeans are by far the best new pop punk band that I’ve heard in a while. If there are better ones, I have yet to find them, but I doubt they exist. Mean Jeans are a Portland, Oregon punk band specializing in snotty, poppy, party punk. Their songs are as catchy and as sing-along as can be, and their lyrics are witty, smart, humorous, and fun. As soon as I start thinking that pop punk is on the verge of dying out and that all the best pop punk bands have formed, another amazing band like Mean Jeans comes along to prove me wrong. So, if you were thinking the same thing, then allow Mean Jeans to rekindle your enthusiasm; and if you’ve never been much of a pop punk fan, then give Mean Jeans a try and hopefully you’ll see what you’ve been missing all these years. How about I just let the music speak for itself:





Be advised, there's much more where that came from. Find Mean Jeans albums as well as albums from many other great punk rock bands at Dirtnap Records.

No comments: