Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Weekly Recommendations, Week 34: Cinder Block Bookshelf

This past week I built a bookshelf out of cinder blocks and some old boards. It's likely the most common, DIY bookshelf around...and certainly one of the least expensive bookshelf to boot...but it's also pretty classy as far as I'm concerned. Most importantly, it was about time I had gotten around to building it. I have been living in this apartment for almost 4 months now with nowhere to display my books. Finally, I have at least a few books on display. Eventually, I will need to make a second bookshelf in order accommodate the rest of them. That's not important though. The point of this recommendation is to say that if you are feeling the need to make your house appear more like that of a punk rocker  - or just some young kid, fresh out of his/her parent's house - build a cinder block bookshelf. Not only will you have a place to store and display your book collection, but you will feel super DIY and punk rock in the process...guaranteed.


No comments: