Friday, November 23, 2012

Weekly Unrecommendations, Week 47: Procrastination

I'm pretty great at procrastinating and probably won't be making any serious adjustments to that any time soon, however I realize that procrastinating means that I will have to put off doing what I want to do now in order to do something that I should have done earlier. If I would have done that other thing earlier, then I would be able to do the thing that I want to do now right now instead of having to do the thing that I should have done earlier. It also means that I may have to rush through the thing that I should have done earlier in order to get it done on time, which could result in a job poorly done. If I had not waited so long to do the thing I should have done earlier and instead had taken my time with it making sure it was done right and done well, I probably would have ended up with better results. These and many other things are the conundrums involved with procrastinating. So, it is recommended that you don't procrastinate. Or do. Because I know you will just like I will regardless of how regrettable of a thing it continually is. As things are, there is too much to do anyway, so things will keep piling up. Some of those things will have to be put off, while other things will get done. Eventually we may, or may not, get around to getting everything done. Either way, there will always be more to do.

No comments: