Thursday, January 05, 2012

Weekly Recommendations, Week 1: Thee Headcoats

I'm not sure if this is really going to happen, but I'm going to give it my best shot (whatever that's worth?) and see if I can't post at least one recommendation each week for the next year. This being the first week of 2012, it seems like as good a place as any to start. My recommendations could be anything really - from music to books to food to people, places, or things - mostly they will just be something that I am finding enjoyable at that particular point in time. Perhaps you will also find them enjoyable, or perhaps you won't, that part doesn't really matter too much.

This week's recommendation is arguably one of the greatest garage bands of the 80's and 90's: Thee Headcoats. Hailing from Kent, England and fronted by prolific, multi-media artist and wild man, Billy Childish, Thee Headcoats put out a slew of albums in a relatively short period of time and also birthed a number of side projects, including their all-girl counterpart, Thee Headcoatees. If you're not familiar with Billy Childish and all of his numerous projects, musical and otherwise, I would encourage you to check him out. But for now, definitely give Thee Headcoats a listen - they will rock your brains out.



No comments: