Thursday, March 22, 2012

Weekly Recommendations, Week 12: Spring

It’s the first week of spring! Of course, spring-like weather has been with us for weeks now since winter really didn’t seem to be much of a force this year. Either way, spring has sprung, and in my opinion this is the best time of year. So, I highly recommend enjoying it. The days are getting longer. Temperatures are on the rise. Winter is transitioning into summer. As a plant nerd, spring is especially appealing, because this is the time when plants begin to come out of their winter dormancy and look alive again. It’s also the time when work really gets going in the garden. Now is your chance to get your hands dirty and your feet muddy. If you’re lucky enough to have your own garden plot, then you probably already have a plan and are itching to get going. If you’re like me and have no plot to call your own, then you’re probably in a desperate search for any kind of gardening experience you can weasel your way into. Lucky for me, I just landed a job at Idaho Botanical Garden, so I’ll be getting my gardening fix there on a regular basis. Still, I intend to find other gardening opportunities to go along with that because I’m insatiable…either that or I’m a lunatic. 
However, if you’re not a gardener, there are plenty of other great things about spring, including my other major passion: bike riding. Certainly you have your favorite spring activities, so enjoy them while you can. After all, spring comes but once a year, and as they say, you don’t know what you've got ‘til it’s gone.  

No comments: