Tuesday, February 20, 2007

"this elephant of years"


Elephant Mess #18
Originally uploaded by juniperbug.
I spent a little more than 3 months writing down my thoughts in journal form. I didn't write every day or even every week, and occasionally I didn't write much more than a sentence or two, but what I wrote was honest and reflected what I was feeling at the moment, although I may be over it by now. I collected all of these words together and called it Elephant Mess #18. I subtitled it: "the observations of a family geek" and later decided that it may have been more apropos if I had subtitled it something like: "the mental melodrama of an aging zinester" or "the hyperdrama of a superwonk." I suppose I could also call it "the clamor and pith of a misanthrope."
Either way, what's done is done, and it used to be just mine, but now it can be yours as well. All you have to do is send me a couple of stamps or a trade. If you send me $1, I will send you a pin as well...or I'll probably just end up throwing in pins with all of them until I run out. As always, send your best to:

Dan Murphy
PO Box 3154
Moscow ID 83843

messyelephant at hotmail dot com

No comments: